Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Fourth Car - 1967 Datsun (Nissan now) 1600 Roadster
Car Number 4
1967 Datsun (Nissan now) 1600 Roadster - my only real 2 seater roadster convertible, I loved it. I think it also cost $800 just like the Karmann Ghia. I had three $800 cars in those early years, The VW Baja Bug was also $800, that's coming up in a bit, but I digress. Anyway the Datsun had no front bumper and a terrible coat of cheap spray paint. I spent hours looking for it wherever I had parked it on the streets of NYC. I had fallen in love again a couple times, got married again, and needed a way to escape the city which had begun to wear on my small town soul. My new wife, Jeanne, and I drove it the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and to Atlantic City to see the 500 Club where she got her start as a singer - same place Frank Sinatra got started, same mafia bosses. After the summer stock season at the Tappan Zee Playhouse, which is now a burned out hulk in Nyack, NY, I sold it to my friend George Phillips and bought. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment